Thursday, February 19, 2015

The "Costume Look" Dress



Hello again!  I have made the decision on what dress I would like to make first for my 1961 Dress Challenge.  And here it is in all it's glory:







Not a great picture.  It's actually a set with a dress and a three-quarter length sleeve jacket.  It features a fabric-covered belt and the jacket even has fabric-covered buttons.  The skirt is pleated all the way around and has black trim detail around the hem.  Oh the details!  Here is the description from the catalog:

                          The Costume Look, a brief jacket and simple dress, designed with
                          legendary Paris chic.  Handsome textured fabric of rayon enriched
                          with 5 1/2% silk.  Dress zips in back.  Hand wash separately. Shipping
                          weight 1 lb. 10oz. Misses' sizes 10, 12, 14, 16, 18.  Bamboo beige
                          with black belt and band trim...................................................$19.84

Do the math and that price comes out the about $155 today.  I just know I be able to make it for less than that :)

This is a brief post, but I just wanted to check in before I begin sourcing fabric and notions this weekend.  Thanks for reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment