Friday, April 26, 2013

Bridesmaids Dresses



Butterick 5750


Hi again!  I was recently asked to make the bridesmaids' dresses for a family friend's wedding coming up in September 2013.  With only three bridesmaids and a limited budget, we were able to squeeze out the fabric and supplies for the dresses for about $50 a dress!  (I'm a little proud :P)

The Bride chose a light gold nylon taffeta from Fabric Mart Fabrics with a nice light lining (it's bound to still be hot in September in our neck of the woods).  The Bride was also nice enough to let each girl chose the dress pattern she was most comfortable with.  It presents a few challenges to me (especially since one of the girls lives on the other side of the country and won't be in town until the week of the wedding), but it's also very exciting!

One of the girls chose Butterick 5750 (pictured above).  Once it's made up in the taffeta it should present as formal but still fun.  Across-the-Country-Bridesmaid chose Butterick 5814 (below), one of Gertie's designs and a very stylish pick.  Frankly, I love it and I'm a little jealous I can't make it for myself for the wedding! :P




Butterick 5814

The last girl chose Vogue 8020, View A (below).  I'm super excited to make patterns that I wouldn't choose for myself, but are still pretty awesome!

Vogue 8020

Stay tuned for construction details!


No comments:

Post a Comment